24 Dos and Don’ts Regarding Automobile Accidents
August 4, 2008Posted by on
- DO call the police to the scene to take a report.
- DON’T admit any fault for the accident or volunteer any information.
- DO obtain the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of any witnesses at the scene.
- DO seek immediate medical care if you are injured.
- DON’T delay contacting your attorney for assistance regarding your claim.
- DO take photographs of your damaged vehicle and your injuries right away.
- DON’T fail to obtain a copy of the police accident report as soon as possible.
- DON’T appear in court without first consulting your attorney.
- DO report all of your complaints of pain and discomfort.
- DO return to your doctor for any continuing pain or discomfort.
- DON’T fail to keep any scheduled doctor’s appointments.
- DON’T fail to follow instructions from your doctor.
- DO have you damaged vehicle repaired, sold, or disposed of within a reasonable time.
- DON’T leave your damaged vehicle at a storage lot which will incur daily storage charges.
- DON’T talk to any insurance adjustors–yours or the other driver’s–without first consulting your attorney.
- DON’T give any written records or statements.
- DO make certain any time off work because of your injuries is approved in writing by a doctor.
- DON’T fail to inform your employer of all time off work that is caused by or related to your injuries.
- DO send originals of all hospital, doctor, prescription and other expense bills to your attorney, and save copies for you records.
- DO supply your attorney with your own related insurance policy and declarations page as soon as possible.
- DON’T fail to supply your attorney with any subordinate letter you receive from any insurance company.
- DON’T fail to report your medical treatment status to your attorney at least monthly.
- DO keep a written diary of how your injuries affect your normal activities at home and at work.
- DO inform your attorney of any changes in your address, telephone number, employment, or medical treatment.
Comments are closed.